Spring 2022 Recre8 resources
You have been sent the link to this page because your young person has been nominated to apply for a place on our Spring 2022 Recre8 Adventure Therapy Program.
The Recre8 Program is a highly regarded Bush Adventure Therapy program which gives young people the chance to step out of their everyday lives and undertake a unique adventurous expedition whilst receiving intensive support for making positive changes in their lives from a skilled and passionate professional staff team. Over the course of the program they will:
- be supported to properly prepare for the experience,
- attend a two-day introductory camp which includes an overnight hike,
- undertake an incredible ten-day expedition journey hiking and sailing around Moreton Island and Moreton Bay,
- enjoy a two-day graduation/celebration rainforest/reunion camp,
- receive follow-up support to ensure they really make the most of applying what they have learnt to their lives, and have the best chance of following through with the goals for positive change they have made for themselves.
Please see below resources for further program information and application form details. We prefer that you apply online, but if this is not possible, please let us know and we will arrange for paper forms to be sent to you. We encourage you to get your applications in as soon as possible as there are only twelve places on each program and we always receive more applications than we have places for. Participants will be selected based on being a good fit with the aims of the program and/or the group.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions
Andy Hamilton – Recre8 team leader & psychologist
0457 409 145
Sally McAdam – Therapeutic mentor
0458 067 240
Heidi Vial – Therapist and Social Worker
0436 652 161
How to Apply for the Program
Thank you for your interest in the Recre8 Spring 2022 Adventure Therapy Program.
- If you have any questions, or want to make sure that the program is a ‘good fit’ for your young person, please contact us by phone 0476 796 720 or email email@example.com
- Complete all sections of the application form
What will happen next:
- We will then be in contact to arrange an interview/meeting with shortlisted applicants where we will get to know each other, get a better sense of why the young person wants to participate, provide more information, and answer any questions.
- From there final decisions will be made on the make-up of the group for the upcoming program.
- If there is not a place for your young person on the upcoming program, they will be kept on the waitlist for the next program. We currently run 2 programs a year.
It is essential that all four of the required forms are completed by the relevant people promptly, and we appreciate your help with this. The person completing the form just needs to click on the links below and follow the steps from there. These links will take you to the online forms that are very straightforward to complete.
To be completed by parent/guardian and/or support person – Click here.
This form can be completed by as many people as relevant (e.g. school counsellor, case worker, psychologist, youth worker) as long as they are familiar with the young person enough to provide useful information that will help us to support the young person.
To be completed by the young person themselves. Click here.
To be completed by parent/carer and/or anyone who might be making a financial contribution to the program on behalf of the young person. Click here.
To be completed by the parent/guardian and/or or young person if over 16. Click here.
Important program information
You have probably already received the following fliers with information about the program but you can also access them via links below.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or need support with any part of this process. We look forward to hearing from you!