Work with us
Make every day at work an adventure
Human Nature provides a workplace where you can thrive. We value innovation and are guided by a connection with nature. As we continue to expand, we are looking for talented people whose outlook and values match our own. We’re all about empowering and supporting young people and offering them innovative therapy in an outdoor environment.
Available Position – Therapeutic Mentor
Position Description (download the PDF here)
Are you an experienced Youth Worker, Educator or Outdoor Ed specialist and excited by the prospect of supporting and working with young people in nature?
Would you like to work in an extraordinary service with an engagement rate of close to 95%? Somewhere that you know you make a difference?
At Human Nature, we support and empower young people to heal and thrive through a deeper connection with themselves, with peers, with nature and their community.
As a member of our multi disciplinary team, you will be personally and professionally supported to make a positive difference in the lives of our participants.
Visit www.humannature.org.au to learn more about us.
About the Role
The Therapeutic Mentor is a key member of a small team of mental health professionals and youth workers who are relentless in their pursuit of doing things better and differently. The team is deeply supportive and caring. We meet young people where they are at, we listen, support and connect and provide them with the tools and confidence to move forward together. As a Therapeutic Mentor you will provide program support, coordination and therapeutic mentoring for young people participating in our suite of program offerings.
You will mainly be working with young women and female bodied young people in this role.
- Demonstrated ability to connect in a meaningful way with young people, including using creative and youth-friendly strategies to maintain engagement and build skills and development.
- Case management, mentoring skills and relevant experience.
- Experience measuring program outcomes through evaluation and incorporating evaluation feedback to adjust program activities to ensure meaningful program outcomes.
- Demonstrated skills in managing time, setting priorities, planning and organising their own work.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills and behaviours, including flexibility and resilience, and the ability to interact with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to prepare oral and written reports.
- Computer literacy, including confidence in the use of a range of IT platforms, mail programs and databases.
- Above award salary- negotiable based on experience and qualifications
- Generous salary sacrificing
- Opportunity to provide meaningful support for vulnerable young people whilst connecting to nature
- Flexible work hours
- Work collaboratively as part of a small, high energy team
- Professional support and development structures embedded into the team and approach to service delivery
Please review the position description carefully. If you have any further questions, contact our Program Manager, Jen Parke by email email@example.com or mobile (during work hours) on 0458 451 618.
How to Apply
Refer to the Position Description (download the PDF here)
All applications are to be submitted through seek.com.au CLICK HERE
- Current resume
- Two page (maximum) cover letter including responses to the Essential Criteria (listed below) from the position description:
- Tertiary qualifications in Education, Outdoor Education, social sciences, or youth work
- At least three years relevant experience and high level skills in supporting young people with complex needs
- Outdoor adventure/education guide qualifications and experience (completed or at least in process)
- High level of culturally appropriate interpersonal skills
- Understanding of child safety principles and practises
- Clear Working with Children Check and clear Federal Police Check
- Current clean Drivers Licence
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate
- Senior Lifesaving Certificate
- Proof of full vaccination with an approved COVID 19 vaccine
Application closing date: 9am, Monday 5 December 2022
True compassion means not only feeling another’s pain but also being moved to help relieve it.Daniel Goleman