Come shopping with us at Newrybar Hall!
We’re hosting a Treasure Trove pop-up shopping event from 9am-12pm at Newrybar Hall featuring high quality second hand and sample clothes from labels like ROWIE The Label, Spell, St. Agni, AFENDS, Childe Eyewear, Posse, POL Clothing, Chimi Eyewear, Velvet by Graham & Spencer, AntikBatik and Summery Copenhagen, with all proceeds going directly to supporting Human Nature.
As you may know, many young people in our region are experiencing complex mental health issues and now have the additional trauma of losing their homes, schools and communities as a result of the catastrophic floods at the beginning of the year. As a Northern Rivers based youth mental health organisation, we have seen our referrals increase by 200% without even advertising our services.
Our life-changing services aren’t funded by the government so we’re reliant on fundraising to keep providing young people with the mental health support they need now more than ever. Our mental health professionals (psychologists, social workers, counsellors and youth mentors) support over 100 young people each year who have nowhere left to turn.
Thanks to generous donations already from some amazing labels, we’re giving you the chance to bag new items for your wardrobe whilst doing something great for the young people of our region and the planet.
How can you get involved?
There are many ways you can help us to reach our fundraising goal of $5,000. Here are just a few ideas:
- Do you know someone who runs a clothing label who may have some end of season stock they need to get rid of? How about you get in touch and ask them if they’d consider donating their clothing and accessories to our Treasure Trove? Send through an email here and we will send them some information about becoming a supporter.
- Do you or your friends have some high quality second hand clothing you’d like to donate to our Treasure Trove? We are accepting donations at our Human Nature HQ Mon-Thur, 9am-4pm at 111 Tamar St. Ballina NSW. Or you can drop them off to our friends at Beaumont People Mon- Fri, 8:30am – 4:30pm at 1/60 Centennial Cct, Byron Bay NSW. We will only be accepting donations until the 10th of November 2022.
- Are you willing to collect donations of clothing and accessories for us? Perhaps at your office or studio? Send us an email with your address and trading hours and we will list it as a drop off point.
- Are you interested in volunteering your time to help us sort through clothing donations, set up & pack down on the day, work through logistics and just generally help us out? Please fill out this form and we will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
- Can you help us spread the word about our Treasure Trove? Share the link to this post and our poster on your social media or via email. Do you have any media contacts who may be interested in promoting our event? Please help us get in touch with them!
- Follow us on social media and subscribe to our newsletter to keep up to date about this event and other fundraisers we host.
- Can’t make it to the event? That’s ok. You can still make a donation to help us reach our goal here.